What is Health Kinesiology?
- Imagine if you could ask your body what you needed to enjoy vibrant well-being, and actually have your body answer back.
- This is the founding principle of Health Kinesiology (HK) – a long established BioEnergetic system that combines the wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine with the modern technique of muscle testing.
- HK is a very gentle, non-invasive system of holistic therapy and is suitable for all ages from a new born babies to the elderly. It accesses your body’s unique inner wisdom to find out exactly what you need to help you restore balance in your BioEnergy system, both inside and out.
What can Health Kinesiology do for me?
- Because Health Kinesiology corrects imbalances throughout the whole BioEnergetic system; the list of changes are endless that clients have reported benefit with.
- HK enables, through various procedures, the client to take responsibility for their life, allowing their own innate ability to balance and help themself becoming the paramount focus of each session.
How does Health Kinesiology work?
- HK uses a muscle testing technique that accesses the body’s unique inner wisdom, to determine where imbalances lie along the body’s 14 energy meridians.
- Using this information, your HK practitioner then performs a range of corrective techniques specifically tailored to the clients’ individual needs.
What is muscle testing?
- You, the client, lie down fully clothed on a couch, with one forearm resting at right angles to the couch.
- The HK practitioner asks your body a question, or introduces a ‘stress’ item, (either an actual item or a thought), and gently exerts a light pressure on your arm to ascertain the level of resistance that your muscle is able to give.
- If the muscle relaxes and ‘gives way’ this is interpreted as a ‘NO’ response or an indication that the item being tested is causing stress to your body or mind in some way.
- If the muscle remains strong and rigid, this is interpreted as a ‘YES’ response or an indication that the item is not causing stress to the body.
- The HK practitioner follows a tried and tested series of questions, interpreting the answers from the muscle testing each time.
- In this way, the HK practitioner can discover what is weakening you, physically or emotionally, and more importantly, they can establish what is needed to strengthen you!
- The practitioner will then perform the BioEnergetic corrections necessary to rebalance your system in the face of the ‘stressors’ thereby relieving energy into the system so your body is then freed up to implement its own innate self-healing process.
- A range of other muscles can be used to carry out this muscle testing technique if needs be.
What “stressors” might be identified using muscle testing?
- The most common ‘stress’ item is simply a particular thought or emotional feeling.
- You may be asked to think about a particular situation in your life that you found distressing or difficult to cope with.
- Once the muscle has tested weak, the practitioner will then hold specific acupressure points, (no needles), to relieve the imbalances in your BioEnergy system that has built up in the meridian energy system, in relation to that particular stress.
- Other common stress items used during HK sessions are magnets, essences, foods, chemical substances or homeopathic substances.
What are ‘energy meridians’ and why are they important to our well-being?
- The Chinese discovered subtle pathways of energy that run around the body just under the surface of the skin.
- They mapped these pathways and marked various points along the pathways as being particularly significant.
- They found that these points can be used to release excess/blocked energy from the pathways, much in the same way that slip-roads release excess traffic from blocked motorways!
There are 14 main meridians on the human body. Two of them run directly up the centre of the body, one at the front, one at the back. The remaining 12 meridians are bi-lateral – i.e. they are in pairs, one on the left and one on the right of the body.
- The Chinese discovered that each of these meridians directs energy into one of the main organs of the body (for example, we have a pair of meridians each for our liver, heart, lungs and kidneys).
- If the meridian becomes blocked, or malfunctions in some other way, the organ does not receive its usual amount of energy and becomes under-energised.
- It therefore doesn’t work as effectively and this can cause imbalances within the body.
- An organ can also become over-energised when too much energy is directed into it by a meridian.
- The Chinese also found that certain emotions tended to under or over-energise particular meridians and so our thoughts and emotions can influence the functioning of our internal organs and bodies.
- For example, the kidney and bladder meridians are particularly influenced by fear and anxiety – most people can recall occasions when they have felt fearful and have had to visit the toilet more often than usual!
Where did Health Kinesiology originate from?
- Health Kinesiology (HK) was invented by Jimmy Scott Ph.D. .
- It originated from principles developed from the acupuncture and from Applied Kinesiology that is used by chiropractors, osteopaths, dentists, etc.
- Instead of using needles or manipulation, the HK practitioner simply holds various acupressure points on the body to bring the body’s BioEnergy system into harmony and balance.
- This allows the body’s natural healing mechanisms to work more effectively so that you can reach your full potential, both physically and emotionally.